Saturday, September 27, 2008

Date When I Dated!

All Characters in this article are fictitious. Resembling to any living or dead is only coincidental"

Well..according to US standards, writing about a date at the age of 24 is surely unacceptable. But then, at the age of 15, I probably knew of date only from the Gregorian calender.

It was a perfect morning...birds chirping love songs, someone somewhere synthesizing a romantic tune on a piano, a pleasant 68F morning! ...n why not...I was on a date! I had waited for this for a while now...I mean its a rare occasion when a girl asks you out for a date. It was 10 am and I had 2 hours to groom and polish myself. I took a bath and then it was Gucci all the way...Now I know why brands like Gucci survive. Who will anyway put on a Cartier and beat on a laptop to complete an assignment?

I had to worry little about clothes-selection. She liked me-with-blue and I had only one blue T-shirt which she had not seen. A black Levis suited best with the Duke T-shirt. I was ready.

The restaurant was at a walking distance...n the rendezvous was decided to be the same. I reached there exactly at 11.58. I can never be late..not even by mistake. As always, she wasn't there...not because she used to be late..but all girls I knew were always late. I had to book a table presumably...The restaurant manager who was no stranger to me gave me the most secluded place. Well...he had to...I took care of his waiters' tips.

The aroma was at the place. Helpless I was....I hated to only watch people gobbling up delicacies. Chicken tikka, Veg Jalfrezi, Dal Tadka, Navratan Korma, Ras Malai, Dosa...all luring me...n I cudn't do anything....I cudn't do anything? I asked myself a few times...n I emerged transformed by the lust for food...helped myself...and got every dish from the menu. Thanking myself profusely I enjoyed every ounce of it. But hey..hey I was on a date....so what don't I have any space..individualism rose its head..Such are the circumstances when you thank god for a girlfriend who is understanding.

I spent rest of my date watching her eat....n boy...she looked super duper gorgeous. Everytime she chewed..everytime she swallowed....everytime her lips touched the glass...Ahh!!..it can't be expressed in words...
Since then, I never ate with her...either finished before or waited for her to finish. 


2 comments:

Vishal Naidu said...

wtf ?? why is this post fictitious ?
i dont trust you ...

Anonymous said...

Anu dude .. i know the first statement and what followed are truely antonymic. For US walas, date at 25 may be a big "OMG!!". Par yahan we still have the same old view. Date bole to Phoda boss...
Details janunga jaldi .. Pakka :)